Learn to Sail
Goals of Learn to Sail
- Learn to Sail! Love to Sail! Live to Sail!
We want to produce sailors who will continue to develop their love for sailing for the rest of their lives!
- Provide sailing instruction to everyone, regardless of age, skill level, or physical ability.
Our programs include:
- Nationally recognized courses created by Sail Canada (CanSail Program)
- Individualized instruction tailored to each student
- Instruction for persons with disabilities and their companions
- Private and semi-private lessons for all ages
Students of all ages learn sailing skills by entering fun and challenging experiences suited to their age and stage of development. The CanSail Program offers plenty of time on the water in a safe and active learning environment. Lessons are taught in Optimist, Laser or Laser 2 sail boats that are provided by the Pelican Yacht Club.
Safety measures and expectations of parents and students are suited to the current regulations. These best practices will be shared by Instructors at time of registration.